Digital Product Manager (Onsite Search)
**Opportunity to build the search experience from the ground up for an established, innovative, and growing global digital experience team (Fortune 100).
The Digital Product Manager (On-site search) will be an integral part of setting digital product, feature and user experience strategies while focusing on customer research, online features/services, and user experience, including content strategy, interaction and visual design.
*Position is REMOTE (working closely with a global team – ability to work in Eastern Time Zone).
*Should have developed the on-site search experience for large/complex/global B2B or B2C e-commerce company.
In this role, you will partner with diverse cross-functional teams to lead, execute, monitor, and deliver results for on-site search.
You must have the ability to succeed in a matrix environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
- Working closely with Digital leadership, define and deliver the vision and strategy for optimizing and improving our on-site search experience to meet the needs of customers and business stakeholders.
- Translate the vision into a roadmap, author product requirements, and lead an agile team to build while driving decisions and escalating appropriately
- Focus the team on delivering outcomes for customers, rather than building features
- Identify and champion capabilities that maximize internal and external value
- Work cross-organizationally with business units, digital marketing, customer experience, customer support, product data and taxonomy, and other technology functional areas to ensure alignment
- Create user stories that effectively communicate customer needs and problems to developers
- Superior organizational skills, plus ability to thrive in a matrix environment where success depends on a high degree of cross-functional collaboration in multiple geographies
- Strong attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Build strong working relationships with internal customers and teams
- Lead stakeholder meetings to identify requirements, opportunities, and priorities
- Create and maintain the product backlog for on-site search
- Conduct planning sessions with the teams to prioritize work in upcoming sprints
- Engage directly and daily with delivery teams to execute the project
- Ensure product acceptance and readiness at key phases of the delivery cycle
- Lead communication efforts around the product, priorities, and future roadmaps
- Troubleshoot and triage day-to-day issues and work with the appropriate teams to resolve
- Provide status updates to the business and management
- Monitor threats, risks and opportunities that might affect the success of the product and hold accountability for the overall solution
Skills & Qualifications
What your background should look like:
- Strong experience implementing and managing modern search applications such as Lucidworks Fusion, Coveo, Solr, etc… on a B2B or B2C web ecommerce platform
- Coming from a large, complex environment.
- Experience working on both local and global (a plus) taxonomies
- Experience managing a catalog for a large B2B or B2C website
- Experience with complex, broad, and deep product data catalogs
- Clear communicator with strong writing and editing skills and good documentation skills
- High level of comfort with E-Commerce applications, ERP systems, PIM systems, Content Management Systems, Excel, Adobe Analytics, etc
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills and ability to define business cases
- Experience interacting with both business and technical teams
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with Jira (or equivalent)
- Ability to balance competing and conflicting priorities make critical decisions
- Ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects and manage own time appropriately
- Ability to challenge certain feature sets or ideas in a positive and collaborative manner
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.