Director of EHSS (Nevada)
The Robinson Group has been retained to fill a newly created position for an expanding analytics group – the position is Director of EHSS.
**Can be based anywhere and travel initially up to 75% of the time to Nevada (and work remotely the remainder of the time) – relocation is also provided if that is your preference.
**The company is a leader in their industry and part of global, multi-billion organization.
*Looking for either refining, chemical or petrochemical industry experience.
This role will be a strategic leader for developing and implementing both our organizational safety and environmental programs. This role will review and update institutional EHS policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
This role will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring environmental strategies to ensure environmental compliance in all areas but not limited to air quality, waster, clean water, and pollution.
- Provide EHS assurance to the CEO – Ensures that our industrial operations are in compliance with local, state and federal environmental regulations
- Maintain clear understanding and articulation of EHS management systems, regulatory and non-regulatory compliance
- Lead necessary systems and processes development to execute the EHS strategy and measures sustainable EHS performance to continually improve
- Be instrumental in cultural transformation activities for health and safety which includes policies, procedures and processes
- Develop and design training requirements
- Develop and execute compliant health and safety plans
- Develop and maintain company risk register
- Develop and manage EHS reviews both internal and external
- Participate in incident investigations as required and continuously improve investigative processes
- Lead all aspects of Product Safety Data Sheet (PSDS) management
- Lead the development of site level exposure control programs
- Continually reevaluate product EHS programs and initiatives with the intent to proactively identify gaps and refine and enhance existing EHS platforms
- Establishes and maintains relations with government and non-governmental agencies as required
- Stay updated with EHS trends and legislations
- Maintain permit registries as per state and federal regulations for all company entities
- Develop strategies to comply with Department of Homeland Security as required
- Stay up to date with ICMC protocols that will impact/affect the business; coordinate reviews for the various business entities, transporters and customers
- Principal intermediary with government authorities and NGOs for customers
- Proven experience as a EHSS Manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety matters
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Demonstrated knowledge/expertise in root cause incident investigation process
- Knowledge of regulations and standards as they pertain to chemical / petrochemical / refining manufacturing industries such as OSHA, US DOT, NFPA, ANSI, API, State and Local Fire and Building Codes as well as ICMI Cyanide Code Requirements
Minimum Education and Certification:
- BSc/BA in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or relevant field is required; preferred; masters in public health ; occupational health and safety
- CSP, CHM is a plus
- 10-15 years related or equivalent experience in Health and Safety, preferably in the petrochemical, refining or chemical industry required
- 5+ years of management experience
- 2+ years as frontline safety on a project, or in a plant
- Demonstrated history of successful and safety experience
- Comfort on a chemical plant site
- Proven track record of improving safety/environmental performance
- PSM/RMP experience preferred
- Chemical Hygiene; waste management & minimization
- Developed and successfully implemented programs across an organization
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.