Director of Operational Excellence
| Greater Houston area
The Robinson Group is working with a longstanding client to fill a key new role – a Director of Operational Excellence.
The company is global, well funded, and in growth mode.
Very competitive salary, bonus, benefits and relocation can be provided if not local.
The Director of Operations Excellence will be responsible for driving the continuous improvement process across the company and executing transformational improvement initiatives that support our strategic goals.
This leadership role will build strong partnerships with all business units and leverage Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement tools to create a consistent, data-driven approach to continuous improvement.
The Director will be accountable for promoting an internal culture that actively seeks improvement and growth opportunities, proactively identifies and addresses risks, and operates according to integrity, accountability and excellence principles.
- Champion and foster a continuous improvement mindset throughout the company and expand the use of Lean Six Sigma, process optimization and other operations excellence methodologies and tools.
- Map and identify improvement opportunities including ranking by ease-of-capture (EOC) and value capture (VC) metrics.
- Establish an evergreen value stream map to holistically leverage cost saving opportunities throughout the business.
- Prioritize and implement improvement initiatives to deliver measurable and sustainable results. Periodically conduct executive reviews related to Six Sigma and operations excellence projects.
- Continuously improve project development and management processes by leveraging industry best practices
- Develop and execute improvement projects that support company objectives; projects may include process / equipment improvement, workflow and process improvements, capital project execution, and /or any form of operational efficiency improvement within our business.
- Oversee and / or manage the successful execution of multiple, concurrent and complex priorities.
- Collaborate with all business units to identify and establish measurable systems (KPIs). Ensure that standards exceed recognized industry best practices for continuous improvement.
- Partner with production, supply chain, quality, engineering and safety teams to structure improvement projects using Six Sigma methodologies and other process improvement tools.
- Ensure all processes and projects that are implemented achieve appreciable maturity levels and ensures sustainability (Process Maturity Assessment).
- Implement lean manufacturing principles within production, including 5S and waste minimization activities.
- Provide counsel to senior management related to managing cross-functional improvement teams, building high performing teams, influencing change and developing future leaders.
- Coach, mentor and develop employees with the goal of fostering an environment of continuous improvement and a passion for winning utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Develop training strategies and programs to advance Six Sigma skills across the workforce and to infuse a Lean Six Sigma culture across all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience driving process improvement initiatives using leading industry methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC, DFSS etc.)
- Demonstrated team and individual management skills. Previous supervisory experience is a plus
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Experience in root cause investigations and problem-solving methodologies (causal learning, KAIZEN, KANBAN)
- Proven experience around designing an organization model to deliver a winning continuous improvement strategy and achieve exemplary business results
Minimum Education and Certification
- BS in Engineering required, MBA preferred
- Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt required
- 15+ years in the continuous improvement arena, preferably in the chemical or downstream oil & gas industries
- 5+ years of management experience
- Extensive experience driving Six Sigma processes throughout the organization
- Minitab experience and advanced statistical skills
- Proven track record of implementing improvement projects that leads to measurable financial savings
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.