Director of Plant Operation
The Robinson Group is working with a well respected and successful chemical manufacturing company that has opened up a Director of Plant Operations role.
Should come from a manufacturing/plant environment (chemical is a plus).
The company is offering an excellent salary, bonus, and benefits package.
*Full relocation is provided.
*Tremendous growth potential.
The Director of Plant Operations will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing the Operations department. (60 people)
Responsibility for ensuring safe, smooth and efficient manufacturing operations in line with company goals and values and in a manner that optimizes efficiency, cost and performance. Will manage activities related to production, with a focus on safety, quality, plant performance, and continuous improvement.
- Enforce safety, health, environmental and security rules and promote good housekeeping. Maintain safety in the workplace and awareness of environmental impacts, targets, and objectives.
- Participate as an active member of the site leadership team; contribute to the achievement of site goals, building an effective workplace environment and aligning site with the corporate value.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor all aspects of the manufacturing operations including production, scheduling, equipment availability, material usage, KPIs, etc.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety, operations, housekeeping and the reliability of the producing assets to ensure the efficient and cost-effective achievement of the plant’s targets.
- Execute monthly production plans (established by Planning Group to meet customer demand forecasts) that enable effective use of material and labor resources. Schedule production and crew schedules in accordance with monthly targets.
- Directly supervise all personnel to meet target production quantities, cost, quality, and KPIs. Looks for growth and savings opportunities.
- Work closely with Maintenance, Logistics, Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure that plant and logistics systems operate at high performance and reliability levels and in a way that maximizes uptime.
- Communicate and support other department heads to keep plant equipment in compliance with Company standards and applicable codes.
- Participate in the development of annual operating plans; update, forecast and monitor the plan compliance throughout the year with respect to production, yields, costs, etc.
- Support the planning, coordination and implementation of large-scale maintenance, equipment and CapEx projects. Provide input for planned/unplanned shutdown activities, directly manage normal shutdowns, and allocate operations personnel as needed.
- Ensure plant compliance with all pertinent regulations: EPA, OSHA, DHS, etc. Effectively communicate with site management, corporate and other departments to keep them informed and resolve issues
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations, project planning, program management and team development.
- Experience driving a safety culture and environmental compliance.
- Strong leadership and team development skills within a manufacturing environment (chemical is a plus).
- Strong analytical abilities, mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills including coaching, mentoring, performance management, problem resolution, active listening, training and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt style to different audiences.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to command credibility and influence across the facility; able to effectively implement change within an organization.
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.