| Winnemucca, NV
The Robinson Group has been retained to fill a newly created position – an EHSS Manager.
Relocation assistance can be provided.
This is a newly created position in a dynamic company that is taking their organization to the next level.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety and environmental programs.
You will also and update institutional HSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
Responsibilities will also include developing, implementing, and monitoring environmental strategies to ensure compliance in all areas but not limited to air quality, waste, clean water, and pollution.
Looking for chemical and/or downstream / refining industry experience.
- Proven experience as a Safety Manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety matter guidelines
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Demonstrated knowledge/expertise in root cause incident investigation process
- Knowledge of regulations and standards as they pertain to chemical manufacturing industry such as OSHA, US DOT, NFPA, ANSI, API, State and Local Fire and Building Codes as well as ICMI Cyanide Code Requirements
Minimum Education and Certification:
- BSc/BA in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygenist preferred
- 10+ years related or equivalent experience in Health and Safety, preferably in the petrochemical, refining or chemical industry required
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated history of successful and safety experience
- Comfort on a chemical plant site
- Proven track record of improving safety/environmental performance
HEALTH & SAFETY
· Develop, maintain and report safety related metrics
· Conduct training and presentations for health and safety
· Develop and execute compliant health and safety plans
· Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and compliance
- Develop and conduct regular Safety audits
- Knowledge & facilitation of emergency response guidelines; provides support to ERT team; supervises activities of the Emergency Response Coordinator
- Ensures that industrial operations are in compliance with local, state and federal environmental regulations;
- Implement use of Job Hazard Analysis at all levels of the site.
- Lead incident investigations as required
- Coordinates all aspects of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management for Winnemucca
· Conduct review of contractor/vendor activities
· Conduct site safety orientations and maintain records of activity
· Implement and maintain an employee exposure control program
- Maintains relations with government agencies
- Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental strategies
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws
- Stay updated with environmental trends and legislations
- Generate environmental reports and maintain permits as per state and federal regulations
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.