Heath and Safety Manager
| Winnemucca, NV
**Opportunity to build, develop, and implement the company’s health and safety programs, all within an established, innovative, and growing organization.
The Manager of Health and safety will review, update institutional H&S policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
This role will also be responsible for creating, developing, implementing, and monitoring existing health and safety strategies to ensure compliance in all areas regarding OSHA compliance.
*Position offers full relocation.
*Competitive salary, bonus, and great benefits.
- Develop, maintain, and report safety related metrics regarding green, yellow and red days.
- Conduct periodic training and presentations on health and safety topics.
- Ability to review existing company programs and provide updates in regard to OSHA policies.
- Monitor compliance of safety policies and procedures by inspecting employees and operations.
- Maintain a documented process of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Report to senior management on safety awareness initiatives, open issues, and safety statistics.
- Develop and conduct regular internal Safety audits.
- Knowledge & facilitation of emergency response guidelines; provides support to ERT team
- Ensures industrial operations are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Implement use of Job Hazard Analysis at all levels of the site, to include review of PSSR’s.
- Investigate accidents or incidents in a timely manner to discover causes, provide corrective actions and assistance in handling worker’s compensation claims.
- Coordinate all aspects of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management.
- Assist in review and approval of contractor/vendor activities to include periodic evaluations.
- Conduct site safety orientations and maintain records of activity.
- Submission of required compliance reports to include annual OSHA logs.
- Implement and maintain the Industrial Hygiene Programs and auxiliary aspects.
- Review and maintain high hazard programs to including Lockout Tagout, Confined Space, Hot Work, Electrical Safety and Working at Heights
- Proven experience as a Safety Manager or Safety Supervisor
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety matters
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Demonstrated knowledge/expertise in root cause incident investigation process.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards as they pertain to chemical manufacturing industry such as OSHA, US DOT, NFPA, ANSI, API, State and Local Fire and Building Codes as well as ICMI Cyanide Code Requirements
Minimum Education and Certification:
- BSc/BA in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or relevant field is preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred.
- 5+ years related or equivalent experience in Health and Safety, preferably in the petrochemical, refining or chemical industry required.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated history of successful and safety experience
- Comfort on a chemical plant site
- Proven track record of improving safety/environmental performance.
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.