| Winnemucca, Nevada
The Robinson Group is In search of a talented Plant Controller to join our premier client as their full time employee.
It is a well respected, global and still growing organization.
Open to relocation assistance.
This position will be responsible for compiling and preparing analysis and reports of accounting activity and data. The role will be responsible for analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Evaluate and maintain accuracy of general ledger and subledgers
- Reconcile all accounts within required timeframe and oversee preparation of all monthly bank reports.
- Analyze all financial records and assist in consolidation of all financial statements.
- Evaluate monthly financial trends to support variance analysis in coordination with Plant Manager
- Assist Plant Manager in forecasting operational expenses
- Ensure compliance to all local, state and Federal tax regulations
- Oversee all accounts payable and receivable functions
- Ensure and maintain the accuracy of the physical inventory
- Prepare all required correspondence and maintain all accounting files and ensure accuracy of same.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget
- Assist in preparation of external audit
- Manage everyday cash disbursements, cash receipts and cash forecasts.
- Identify all appropriate systems and procedures to maintain efficiency of all financial information.
- Recommend strategies to Corporate Controller and maintain knowledge on all current trends and provide training to all accounting and benefit regulations.
- Monitors and coordinates plant accounting deadlines for month-end close, year-end, and other reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate interpersonal, negotiation, coaching, and leadership skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical abilities, mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and PC skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with an ERP system
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Flexible and adaptable to work cross functionally.
- Works with minimal supervision and takes independent initiative to work cross functionally on value creation or issue resolution.
- Proven track record of utilizing continuous improvement
- Demonstrated focus on safety
- Ability to communicate through written and verbal communications. Effectively present information on one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and perform the necessary analysis and mathematical computations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Working knowledge of standard cost environment
Minimum Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience is an option
- CPA preferred
- Seven (7) years of related experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a leadership capacity preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a plant manufacturing environment
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.