| Nevada (relocation provided)
Robinson Group has been retained to fill a newly created position for an expanding chemical manufacturer – the position is a Process Engineer
*This company is a leader in their industry and this is an opportunity to “own” and grow process engineering for an entire plant.
*Relocation and visa transfer are both offered.
** Process Engineer will provide engineering and technical support by monitoring, controlling, and evaluating the operational performance of production plants in the chemical industry.
She/he will work to optimize all production processes to improve performance and quality, reduce cost, and support process implementations.
She/he will also use safe, data driven solutions to help achieve the businesses objectives and provide guidance for the operations of our production plants.
- Handle raw material usage, site control, utility minimization, and plant reliability. Maintain production efficiency to reduce costs.
- Collaborate with the HSSE, Planning, Engineering and Maintenance teams to develop operating guidelines and maintenance plans designed to achieve best-in-class safety performance and attainment of annual business goals. Coordinate activities with the Operations team to execute safe and efficient operations.
- Maintain ownership and accountability for plant piping and instrument diagrams (PFD/PID).
- Lead plant start up activities and new process roll outs to ensure that procedures are followed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of operating procedures and system manuals.
- Ensure that all processes are compliant with relevant permits, regulatory and company standards.
- Measure and report on production lost tons reporting and Total Equipment, effective performance measurement and reporting. Troubleshoot problems associated with equipment operations. Establish and implement projects designed to improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Assist plant managers as needed with production scheduling and planning.
- Monitor lab results for each process stream including raw material, products, and effluents to validate supplier adherence to CoA and product quality. Identify improvements / corrections and take appropriate actions based on the issues uncovered.
- Monitor equipment performance on a regular basis. Perform efficiency checks for key equipment and resolve any identified bottlenecks or performance issues.
- Lead and/or participate in investigations of process interruptions; contribute to HAZOPs (PPSR/PHA/PSM), root cause analysis, etc. Implement corrective actions as needed.
- Identify, prioritize and implement process improvement initiatives to reduce cost, improve quality, and support new process roll outs.
- Responsible for overseeing the change management process. Gatekeeper for any changes within the production plant.
- Provide technical support for plant operation, process start-ups, operating procedures, etc.; troubleshoot and resolve issues as needed.
- Contribute to the development and skills of the operations team. Lead and/or participate in training programs to ensure process knowledge and operating competence.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient at developing, evaluating, adapting, and modifying plant production, chemical processes, warehouse techniques, etc. Ability to identify, assess and solve problems.
- Experienced working in a large-scale chemical production facility.
- Ability to handle and correlate large amounts of data with statistical confidence. Strong math and analytical skills.
- Thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task throughout the day and willingness to work in collaborative teams across boundaries.
- Takes accountability for key result areas, achieves results, and continuously seeks to improve standards.
- Continually challenges the way things have been done and seeks best practices when developing solutions or overcoming issues. Ability to influence others to drive change.
- Uses safety systems and processes to the required standards.
- Able to work within and support the company’s core values
Minimum Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; chemical preferred
- Chemical industry experience is preferred but would consider industrial and/or manufacturing
- A track record of identifying and delivering significant process
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.