Senior DevSecOps Engineer (Remote)
The position can be 100% remote and there are multiple positions.
The Robinson Group has partnered to fill several Senior DevSecOps Engineer permanent positions with a global, industry leader consistently voted one of the best places to work.
Open to relocation to California if someone wants to be close to the office.
H!B transfer can be offered if needed.
In the role of Senior Engineer DevSecOps you will be a part of an agile development team focusing on building this company’s next generation platform. Right away you will be at the forefront of developing groundbreaking capabilities.
We are looking for someone with a strong software engineering background who wants to work in a complex environment and is passionate about developing exceptionally reliable and secure infrastructure for applications. You will share the mission of providing their global customers with tooling to deploy and manage our solutions whether on premises, private clouds, or their public cloud SaaS offering.
In this role, you will build strong relationships with cross-functional engineering team members and scientific platform stakeholders, building solutions for their customers, and serving to educate the organization about DevSecOps best practices.
- Design and build automation tooling to provision and maintain Kubernetes environments in private cloud and on premises for maximum reliability, performance, and extensibility
- Strengthen our product offerings related to application delivery and overall SDLC with hands on coding including unit and integration tests for infrastructure and deployments
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional engineering team members and scientific platform stakeholders
- Stay up to date with new DevSecOps technologies and processes, and determine how to translate these into future capabilities for our teams and product managers
- Participate in technical and code reviews, architectural decisions, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure up-time for live systems
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field
- 7+ years of combined experience in DevSecOps and Software Engineering related roles
- Hands-on experience automating the provisioning of Kubernetes clusters and related infrastructure for development teams and production systems
- Experience developing declarative build and release pipelines with Azure DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins, or similar
- Experience authoring Helm charts and supporting microservices team deployments
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes concepts including cluster architecture, scheduling, networking, and storage
- Solid background in Linux, Docker, and automation scripting in one or more of the following languages/tools: Bash, Terraform, Python (AWS CDK, boto)
- Understanding of GitOps Continuous Deployment practices and declarative infrastructure
- Track record of developing unit and integrate tests for IaC and custom software to verify infrastructure and service configuration and performance
- Background configuring monitoring and alerting with Prometheus/Grafana or similar SaaS tool such as Google Cloud Monitoring, Datadog, AWS CloudWatch
- Strong practical administration skills in public cloud environments, AWS and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) preferred
- Knowledge of web application Security best practices and ability to act as a liaison between Security and software development teams
Your partner in career advancement
You want an advocate who represents both your goals and vision, that guides you and helps you navigate your career search. We will help you achieve your potential – we want to talk to you.